From Nothing to Cosmos: God and Science - Magis Centre (4 DVD Set)
This four hour, four DVD, dynamic presentation is particularly effective for students having an interest in science. This series, featuring Fr. Robert J. Spitzer S.J. Ph.D., is a full treatment of topics concerned with the evidence for God from contemporary science, including the following:
(1) What scientific method can and cannot do
(2) The Big Bang Theory and the modern universe
(3) The Borde-Vilenkin-Guth proof for a beginning of our universe (and any multiverse)
(4) The evidence for a beginning of a universe from entropy
(5) Evidence of supernatural design from the fine-tuning of universal constants and initial conditions
(6) The evidence of survival of human consciousness after bodily death from near death experiences
(7) Why God does not need a creator & why is Jesus Christ important?
(8) Why the occurrence of our universal constants and initial conditions cannot be explained by the contention that "it is just here."
(9) How can the bible and science be reconciled?
(10) What can Catholics believe about evolution?
(11) How the human desire for the five transcendentals (perfect and unconditional Truth, Love, Justice/Goodness, Beauty, and Being) indicates the presence of a transphysical soul.
(12) Why belief in an unrestricted, absolutely simple, pure power (i.e. God) is a more rational explanation than naturalistic explanations (multiverses, pure chance, etc.) to explain universal fine-tuning.
(13) What about aliens?
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.